Saturday, July 16, 2005

On Life: Not Standing


My dog Bonny and I were out walking this morning when we came across this guy, sleeping in a recliner under a "No Standing" sign. At that point, his feet were actually propped on the fire hydrant, but by the time I ran to the apartment for my camera and came back, he'd unreclined a bit. As I stood in the street snapping pictures, a grey-haired, curler-wearing woman leaned out her street-level window a few feet from me, shook her head and whispered, It's rude to take pictures of people while they're sleeping. She said I should let him get his rest in peace. Never mind that he was sleeping on a busy New York City street just feet from the blaring horns of an impressive Saturday morning Lincoln Tunnel traffic jam.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home