Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Singing Basenjis

I absolutely love this: Basenjis are always billed as barkless dogs, which most people take to mean they're quiet dogs. Not so. They, like malamutes, can't bark, but they can do all kinds of other things with their voices and often do. Much to the surprise of many new basenji and malamute owners, they're two of the most vocal breeds out there. Having had a malamute for 16 years, there's nothing I love more than the sound of a non-barking dog making noise ... it's melodic, nearly verbal, and totally hilarious. So I was very pleased to see that someone has recorded this wonderful duet for Basenji and flute. I laugh very hard and very loud every time I listen to it. Thanks to Marc over at Improbable Research for posting it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great way to start my morning! This made me smile and is hilarious - you can hear the happiness in that dog.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Skloot said...

You think that dog's flute playing is impressive, check this out ...

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home