Thursday, July 13, 2006

A Bit of Teaching News

I'm very excited to report that I've just taken a position teaching in NYU's graduate Science, Health and Environmental Reporting Program, otherwise known as SHERP. So starting in January, I'll be teaching their Writing and Reporting Workshop, (it's one class that's offered every-other semester).

And speaking of teaching, I'll also be teaching and speaking at several conferences in the coming months: The Mid-Atlantic Creative Nonfiction Writers Conference at Goucher College in August, the Penn Writers Conference and the beautiful writers' house at Washington College in October, then the Nieman Narrative Nonfiction Conference in Boston and the 412 Creative Nonfiction Festival in Pittsburgh in November. I look forward to them all.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations--NYU is a great place to teach. Maybe I'll see you on campus (if not before).

12:24 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Skloot said...

Thanks to both of you. I just realized, the link I posted to the 412 conference is to last year's schedule. The details for this year aren't online yet, but when they are, you'll be able to find them here: http://www.creativenonfiction.org.

And yes, jbruno, I do think there's a big need for people who can communicate science to the general public. I think there's a shortage of journalists who understand the nuances of science enough to report them accurately and not mislead the public. This is one of the many reasons I'm excited about teaching at the NYU program.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home