Thursday, May 25, 2006

Cuteness, Funny Mugshots, and Print-on-Demand Marriage Proposal Books

Okay, since I've been spending a lot of time sitting by the hospital bed of a good friend, I'm big on things that make me laugh right now (actually, I'm always big on things that make me laugh). And I'll tell you, goofy as it may sound, Cuteoverload gets lots of points. Just look at this picture, or this one (!!), or this one (I could go on and on, but I'll stop now).

So, in keeping with my current quest for humor, I have to post these two things: First, The Smoking Gun has this hilarious feature on people who do it up for their mugshots -- some of them are great. I mean, really, if you're busted, you're busted. May as well make the best of it, right?

Then there's this, which I posted on Critical Mass today, but wanted to include here too: A man has proposed to his girlfriend by creating and giving her a 105-page print-on-demand book called, "50 Reasons Why You Should Marry Me and 51 Reasons Why I should Marry You," by Cameron Kelly. The book is available for sale through Lulu, where you can read the entire thing as a sample PDF (thought I would think you were very strange if you did that -- skimming it for voyeurism's sake is one thing, but reading it all is completely different).

A press release announcing the sale of the book listed some of the reasons she should say yes, including: "Because I clean the bathroom every week. Because I cut my hair. Because I love the way you say 'crayons.'" And, as the book-description notes, there are "FULL COLOR photographs throughout."

At this point, the book has a 4 star customer rating (out of a possible 6 stars), but its target audience seemed pleased: She said yes. How could you not? Come on: The guy's a riot. And making that book took serious balls. (Thanks Clive!)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger MT said...

Cute, but no more ballsy than authoring your typical blog, it seems to me. I mean, she's already the mother of his infant child. So I expect he had a pretty good sense of the risks involved in the proposal, and all things equal, I doubt those risks were large.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Rebecca Skloot said...

Okay, good points, every one of them. You're right, it didn't really take balls, but it was original and funny, which gets him some points ... (what's with this points thing all of a sudden?)

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home