Saturday, May 12, 2007

New Pets Column Now Live

I'm happy to report that I am now writing a monthly column about Pets for Prevention magazine. An editor at the magazine contacted me after reading this article I wrote about my dog Bonny plus several animal-related posts on this blog -- she suggested I combine my love of animal stories with my decade of experience as a veterinary technician to write a regular series for Prevention (which I thought was a fabulous idea).

My first column just hit stands in their June issue (now available in grocery stores everywhere) -- it's called "Feeding Disorders," and it was inspired by this post about pet obesity, which I wrote when the FDA approved a crazy new diet drug for dogs (interestingly, that is one of my most widely read posts, perhaps in part because of the amazing photograph I posted with it).

Stay tuned for more columns, which I'll post here each month as they run. And feel free to email me any tips or suggestions for future columns.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Rebecca. I love your work and am thrilled that Prevention selected you for this gig! A couple of months ago, my my editor nixed a pitch for that department and told me that a regular columnist would be taking it over; since then, I've been dying to know who it would be. Super choice. Congrats, again. All the best, Susan

10:13 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Skloot said...

Thanks, Susan! I'm thrilled that they picked me for this gig too.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home